The Logan County Historical Society is pleased to announce that on November 12th, they had the privilege of honoring four property owners for their outstand achievements in historic preservation.
This year the D. A. Rainsburger House located at 324 S. Broad and the Cammack Livery Stable, at 215 S. 2nd Street were both presented with Foucart Awards.
The D. A. Rainsburger House built in 1909 was recently restored by Henry Branstetter & Tom McCoy who updated utilities and repaired the property while respecting the historical character of the home.
The Cammack Livery Stables was built in 1902 after a fire. It was recently purchased by Lynn and Sherri Bilodeau who are committed to maintaining the historical integrity of the property.
Two property owners received our new Foucart Certificate of Recognition. The Rock Island Depot, located on S. Division and Perkins, and 107 N. Grand Ave in Crescent received certificates honoring their accomplishments to date.
The Rock Island Depot is owned by Mike and Betty Friese. They plan to use the building to expand their X-ray service business; the renovations are being coordinated by their son.
The business at 107 N. Grand in Crescent was purchased by Larry Rogers at an auction. The structure was in serious disrepair and Larry ended up completely rebuilding the front facade himself. Both of these structures will be eligible for Foucart Award plaques upon completion of the projects.
The mission of the Logan County Historical Society is to conduct its activities in a manner which shall serve to preserve and perpetuate the history of Logan County and its people. The Foucart Award program was started in 2003; since then more than 20 properties in Logan County have been presented with Foucart Awards for Historic Preservation.